We all know that a break up is a traumatic experience. It is difficult to deal with. There is such a negative cocktail of emotions swirling around inside you that it feels like something that is going to eat you up at times, and that you’ll never recover from it.
This negative cocktail of emotions can cause many people to stop thinking rationally about what their doing and many people can make rash decisions in their lives at this point. So in saying that we have compiled a short list of things that you should never do after a breakup.
- Text and call your ex incessantly – Very common for many people to do. However, it’s best to accept that it’s over and spare yourself any more pain.
- Abuse your feelings – By this we mean abuse the way you’re feeling by drinking far too much as a coping mechanism. Not only is this unhealthy but it is dangerous because you don’t want to get to a point of dependence.
- Obsess over your ex’s new partner – So your ex may get a new partner quickly, so quickly that you haven’t even had time to deal with the emotions you’re feeling and move on with your life. However, you don’t want to be obsessing over your ex’s new partner.
- Jumping into another relationship too quickly – You need to give yourself time to feel the emotions you’re feeling, and assess where you are in your life at this point. Jumping into a new relationship too soon is not good for you or your new partner. Give yourself time to think and feel first.
- Trying to get revenge – This is an extremely counterproductive way to deal with your situation. It’s unhealthy mentally and emotionally and will prevent you from moving on with your life.
The best thing to do is simply move on with your life after a break up but give yourself time as well. Eventually things will start to get better and you’ll want to be in a relationship again.